Friday, February 7, 2014

#JustDoYou

What on earth does Just do you mean? Good question. I asked a buddy of mine who is serving here in Tennessee with me if he would give me some advice on how i could do better as a missionary. His reply was "Just do you bro." I said that is probably the dumbest thing you have ever said but please tell me what that means. So this is what he wrote for me and it was really cool and has helped me out alot and I think it is something that can help us all out. Thanks Elder you are the man!!!


     So "just do you" comes from my first tranny (transfer). Elder Oliver would always say to me "just do you" whenever I asked what I could improve on or do better as a missionary. For the first transfer I hated it, but the more I thought about it the more sense it made. The "you" is pure and wants to do good, but it is our bodies the natural man side of us that sometimes want to do not so good things. God gave each of us talents and abilities to bless the lives of his children. We just need to recognize what God has given us and what we have developed because of the natural man in us. So don't bury your talents, cheddar them out so all can be blessed and become the best person you can be and get rid of the natural man.

                                                                   -Elder H


"Just Do You" means be yourself. When we find the best in ourselves we can help bring out the best in others. We all have awesome qualities! Yes we all do have areas that we can fix and work on, but fixing those things does not make us a different person it makes you be the best YOU that you can be. People will listen to you when you are yourself!!!! BE YOURSELF!!!!!!! This is not only applied in missionary work but also in everyday life. We have the choice every day to be the best that we can be! Work, school, church, football games, even Nerf wars. Yeah even Nerf wars. Be happy and be yourself and take some time this week and share with those around you why you are so happy! Mormons always get asked why we are so happy! So be yourself and tell them why you are you!!!


#TheOliveTree #WillLiveForever






#LetsChatAbout #JustDoYou

No comments:

Post a Comment